Built in 1884 by the Church in Wales as a Vicarage, it thereafter became a home and a guesthouse, before returning to its religious roots as a priory for nuns in the 1960s. Following their departure in 1985, it once again became a host for leisure guests drawn to St Davids, and has been so ever since.
Restored with the utmost care, original features subtly contrast the modern interiors. Suede wallpaper, generous sofas, and art inspired by the beauty of nature, evoke a warmth throughout which extends into the exterior.
Lush landscaped gardens contrast the wild flower meadow carpeted with yellow pea- like flowers of bird’s-foot trefoil, purple thistle-like heads of black knapweed, and cheerful white heads of the oxeye daisy, while in spring, the woodland becomes a sea of daffodils and bluebells.
Our new photography demonstrates the beauty of the priory.